Stockport Jobs Match, working in partnership with Stockport Council, Job Centre Plus, the Growth Company and Stockport Homes are hosting a free Kickstart event on Thursday 20th May from 2pm to 3.30pm with an expert panel to advise employers and potential Kickstarters about the Government backed scheme.
The webinar will give attendees a chance to learn more about the Kickstart scheme including latest updates and benefits of joining the scheme; how to apply directly and what is required; how to apply via the Stockport Growth Company Gateway and the benefits of doing so. Stockport Homes will explain how the Kickstart scheme has worked in practice; support will also be available to support businesses with new job creation / skills development including Apprenticeships, Traineeships & Jobs Match.
The Kickstart Scheme is a 6 month paid job with a local employer, funded by the Government. It provides a fully funded opportunity for young people to gain experience of working in some of Britain’s most exciting companies.
Topics covered will include:
- Overview of current labour market statistics and the importance of Kickstart in tackling youth unemployment (Richard Mortimer, SMBC)
- An introduction to the Kickstart Scheme – key details on what it is and how it works (Karen Mee, JCP)
- How to apply for a Kickstart Placement directly (Ian Odgen, JCP)
- SMBC partnership with GC as a Gateway Provider (Nick Hill, SMBC)
- Benefits of using GC as a Gateway Provider (Fern Goddard, GC – with case study from Westpoint)
- Kickstart in practice and career development opportunities (Amanda Ward, Stockport Homes Group)
- Q&A to panel – there will be plenty of opportunity for questions.
Please register for free at Eventbrite – you will then receive a link to join the Kickstart webinar
Find out more about the Kickstart programme – https://stockport-jobsmatch.co.uk/kickstart-scheme-stockport