These 14 guides cover a range of different types of work. Many businesses operate more than one type of workplace, such as an office, factory and fleet of vehicles. You may need to use more than one of these guides as you think through what you need to do to keep people safe. Priority actions are outlined at the top of each guide.
You can use our guidance finder to help you find the information most relevant to you. Find guidance for your business.
There is different guidance for:
- educational and childcare settings
- wedding and civil partnership receptions and celebrations
- public transport operators
You must not reopen if your business is closed under current government rules. Check if your business or venue can open.
- Close contact servicesGuidance for people who provide close contact services, including hairdressers, barbers, beauticians, tattooists, sports and massage therapists, dress fitters, tailors and fashion designers.
- Construction and other outdoor workGuidance for people who work in or run outdoor working environments.
- Factories, plants and warehousesGuidance for people who work in or run factories, plants and warehouses.
- Heritage locationsGuidance for people who work or volunteer in heritage locations.
- Hotels and other guest accommodationGuidance for people who work in or run hotels and other guest accommodation
- Labs and research facilitiesGuidance for people who work in or run indoor labs and research facilities and similar environments.
- Offices and contact centresGuidance for people who work in or run offices, contact centres and similar indoor environments.
- Other people’s homesGuidance for people working in, visiting or delivering to other people’s homes.
- Performing artsGuidance for people who work in performing arts, including arts organisations, venue operators and participants.
- Providers of grassroots sport and gym/leisure facilitiesGuidance for people who work in grassroots sport and gym/leisure facilities.
- Restaurants, pubs, bars and takeaway servicesGuidance for people who work in or run restaurants, pubs, bars, cafes or takeaways.
- Shops and branchesGuidance for people who work in or run shops, branches, stores or similar environments.
- VehiclesGuidance for people who work in or from vehicles, including couriers, mobile workers, lorry drivers, on-site transit and work vehicles, field forces and similar.
- The visitor economyGuidance for people who work in hotels and guest accommodation, indoor and outdoor attractions, and business events and consumer shows.